CITY OF GREENACRES, FLORIDA
City Council Meeting
Monday, March 21, 2016 – 7:00 p.m.
City Hall Council Chambers
5800 Melaleuca Lane
Mayor and City Council
Samuel J. Ferreri, Mayor
Jonathan G. Pearce, Deputy Mayor - District IV
Lisa Rivera, Councilwoman - District I
Peter A. Noble, Councilman - District II
Judith Dugo, Councilwoman - District III
Paula Bousquet, Councilwoman - District V
Andrea McCue, City Manager
James D. Stokes, City Attorney
Denise McGrew, City Clerk
Americans with Disabilities Act: In accordance with the provisions
of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), this document can be made available
in an alternate format (large print) upon request. Special accommodations can
be provided upon request with three (3) days advance notice of any meeting,
by contacting City Clerk Denise McGrew at Greenacres City Hall, 5800 Melaleuca
Lane, Greenacres, Florida. Phone No. 561-642-2006. Hearing Assistance: If any
person wishes to use a Listen Aid Hearing Device, please contact the City Clerk
prior to any meeting held in the Council Chambers.
Attention All Lobbyists: Palm Beach County Code of Ordinances,
Article VIII, entitled “Lobbyist Registration” requires the registration
of all lobbyists prior to engaging in any lobbying activity with the City Council,
any City Board or Committee, or any employee as defined in the aforementioned
Palm Beach County Ordinance. Copies of the Palm Beach County Ordinance are available
upon request in the City Clerk’s Office.
Web Site: http://www.ci.greenacres.fl.us
City Council Meeting
Monday, March 21, 2016 – 7:00 p.m.
Notice: Any person requesting the appeal of a decision of the City Council
will require a verbatim record of the proceedings and for that purpose will
need to ensure that such verbatim record is made. Pursuant to F.S. 286.0105,
the record must include the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is
to be based. The City of Greenacres does not prepare or provide such verbatim
- Call To Order and Roll Call.
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag.
- Comments From the Public for Agenda Items Only.
- Agenda Approval.
- Additions, deletions, or substitutions to the Agenda.
- Motion to approve and adopt entire agenda as set.
- Special Business.
- Announcement of 2016 Election Results and Oaths of Office: - Denise McGrew, City Clerk.
Council District II Peter A. Noble
Council District III Judith Dugo
Council District IV Jonathan G. Pearce
- Presentation: 2015 Presidentís Volunteer Service Award Winners; pursuant to Staff Memo - Samuel J. Ferreri, Mayor.
- Introduction: Palm Beach County Commission on Ethics Executive Director Mark Bannon and Chief Investigator Anthony Bennett.
- Proclamation: “City of Greenacres 90th Anniversary” for April 16, 2016 – Samuel J. Ferreri, Mayor.
- Consent Agenda.
- Motion to Approve Consent Agenda.
- Board Appointments and Reappointments: Reappointments of Jack Buzek and Robert Clements to the Planning Commission, Betty Anne Litowsky to the Zoning Board of Adjustments and Appeals, and appointments of Larry Tronco as a full member and Estelle Friedman as Alternate No. 1 on the Planning Commission; pursuant to Staff Memo – Samuel J. Ferreri, Mayor.
- Resolution No. 2016-10: Authorizing the submittal of an application to the Palm Beach County Department of Economic Sustainability for Community Development Block Grant Funding for FY 2016-2017, for Phase 3 of the Stormwater Drainage Enhancement Project in the Original Section; and authorizing the appropriate City Officials to execute all necessary documents.; pursuant to Staff Memo - Thomas J. Lanahan, Assistant City Manager/Planning & Engineering Director.
- Resolution No. 2016-11: Imposing liens against residential property, pursuant to Section 15-30; pursuant to Staff Memo - Thomas Hughes, Finance Director.
- Proclamation: “Water Conservation Month” for April 2016 – Samuel J. Ferreri, Mayor
- Regular Agenda.
- PUBLIC HEARING: Ordinance No. 2016-11: Second Reading; Amending Chapter 16, Article II Administration, Division 9 Site and Development Plans, Section 16-201 to amend the effective date provisions of a previously approved increase to the Commercial Impact Fee; providing for repeal of conflicting ordinances; providing for severability; providing for inclusion in code; and providing for an effective date.; pursuant to Staff Memo and Staff Report – Thomas J. Lanahan, Assistant City Manager/Planning & Engineering Director.
- PUBLIC HEARING:
Ordinance No. 2016-13: Second Reading; Amending the City of Greenacres’ budget for the Fiscal Year beginning October 1, 2015 and ending September 30, 2016, inclusive; providing for repeal of conflicting ordinances; providing for severability; and providing for an effective date; pursuant to Staff Memo and Exhibit “1” - Thomas A. Hughes, Finance Director.
- Ordinance No. 2016-10: First Reading; Amending the Capital Improvement Element of the City's Comprehensive Plan to reflect recent changes, as requested by the Planning and Engineering Department; providing for repeal of conflicting ordinances; providing for severability; providing for transmittal to the Division of Community Development; providing for inclusion in the Comprehensive Plan; and providing for an effective date; pursuant to Staff Memo, Staff Report and Exhibit “B” - Thomas J. Lanahan, Assistant City Manager/Planning & Engineering Director.
- Comments from the Public.
- Discussion Items: None
- Staff Comments.
- City Manager’s Report.
- Finance Department Report
- Fire Rescue Department Report
- Leisure Services Department Report
- Planning & Engineering Department Report
- Public Works Department Report
- City Attorney’s Report.
- Mayor and City Council Reports.
NOTICE OF COUNCIL MEETINGS AND AGENDAS
The first and third Monday of each month are regular meeting
dates for the City Council; special or workshop meetings may be called on the
second and fourth Mondays of the month, or whenever necessary. Council Agendas
are posted on the City’s website on the Friday prior to each Council meeting.
A public copy of the complete agenda is also available for review in the City
Clerk’s Office at City Hall. Questions regarding the agenda should be
directed to the City Clerk at 642-2006.
March 2016 - Calendar of Meetings and Events
03-21-16 City Council Meeting 7:00 p.m.
03-25-16 “Concert in the Park” Greenacres Community Park 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
03-26-16 “Egg’stravaganza” Event Greenacres Community Park 10:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
April 2016 - Calendar of Meetings and Events
04-04-16 City Council Meeting 7:00 p.m.
04-06-16 Planning Commission Meeting 7:00 p.m.
04-16-16 “90th Anniversary Celebration” Event Greenacres Community Park 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
04-16-16 “Great Greenacres Clean-Up” Event Greenacres Community Park 10:30 a.m. – Noon
04-18-16 City Council Meeting 7:00 p.m.
04-20-16 Planning Commission Meeting 7:00 p.m.
04-27-16 Code Enforcement Board Meeting 3:00 p.m.
04-29-16 “Arbor Day” Celebration City Hall 9:30 a.m.