CITY OF GREENACRES, FLORIDA
City Council Meeting
Monday, May 16, 2016 – 7:00 p.m.
City Hall Council Chambers
5800 Melaleuca Lane
Mayor and City Council
Samuel J. Ferreri, Mayor
Jonathan G. Pearce, Deputy Mayor - District IV
Lisa Rivera, Councilwoman - District I
Peter A. Noble, Councilman - District II
Judith Dugo, Councilwoman - District III
Paula Bousquet, Councilwoman - District V
Andrea McCue, City Manager
James D. Stokes, City Attorney
Denise McGrew, City Clerk
Americans with Disabilities Act: In accordance with the provisions
of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), this document can be made available
in an alternate format (large print) upon request. Special accommodations can
be provided upon request with three (3) days advance notice of any meeting,
by contacting City Clerk Denise McGrew at Greenacres City Hall, 5800 Melaleuca
Lane, Greenacres, Florida. Phone No. 561-642-2006. Hearing Assistance: If any
person wishes to use a Listen Aid Hearing Device, please contact the City Clerk
prior to any meeting held in the Council Chambers.
Attention All Lobbyists: Palm Beach County Code of Ordinances,
Article VIII, entitled “Lobbyist Registration” requires the registration
of all lobbyists prior to engaging in any lobbying activity with the City Council,
any City Board or Committee, or any employee as defined in the aforementioned
Palm Beach County Ordinance. Copies of the Palm Beach County Ordinance are available
upon request in the City Clerk’s Office.
Web Site: http://www.ci.greenacres.fl.us
Notice: Any person requesting the appeal of a decision of the City Council
will require a verbatim record of the proceedings and for that purpose will
need to ensure that such verbatim record is made. Pursuant to F.S. 286.0105,
the record must include the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is
to be based. The City of Greenacres does not prepare or provide such verbatim
- Call To Order and Roll Call.
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag.
- Comments From the Public for Agenda Items Only.
- Agenda Approval.
- Additions, deletions, or substitutions to the Agenda.
- Motion to approve and adopt entire agenda as set.
- Special Business.
- Legislative Update and Presentation: Senator Jeff Clemens, Representative Dave Kerner and Representative Lori Berman.
- PBSO Monthly Report – Captain Sean Murray
- Consent Agenda.
- Motion to Approve Consent Agenda.
- Official Minutes: City Council Meeting of April 18, 2016 – Denise McGrew, City Clerk.
- Official Minutes: City Council Workshop - District I of May 2, 2016 – Denise McGrew, City Clerk.
- Official Minutes: City Council Meeting of May 2, 2016 – Denise McGrew, City Clerk.
- Plat Approval (SP-15-02): Approval of the Plat for Greenacres Nissan located on the north side of Lake Worth Road at 5385 Lake Worth Road; pursuant to Staff Memo and Plat – Thomas J. Lanahan, Assistant City Manager/Planning &Engineering Director.
- Regular Agenda.
Receive and File:
Presentation of FY 2015 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) by Auditing Firm of Nowlen, Holt & Miner, P.A. – Thomas Hughes, Finance Director.
Ordinance No. 2016-07:
First Reading; Amending Chapter 2, Administration, Article III, Boards, Committees, Commissions, providing intent; providing definitions; providing for Special Magistrates; providing enforcement procedure; providing for conduct of hearing; providing powers of Special Magistrates; providing for administrative fines, costs of repairs, and liens; providing for duration of lien; providing for appeals; providing for notices; providing for supplemental enforcement provisions; repealing conflicting ordinances; providing for severability; providing for inclusion in code; and providing an effective date; pursuant to Staff Memo
– Michael Grimm, Building Director.
Ordinance No. 2016-15:
First Reading; Amending the City of Greenacres’ Budget for the Fiscal Year beginning October 1, 2015 and ending September 30, 2016, inclusive; providing for repeal of conflicting ordinances; providing for severability; and providing for an effective date; pursuant to Staff Memo
– Thomas Hughes, Finance Director.
- Resolution No. 2016-22: Authorizing the Interlocal Agreement (Exhibit “1”) between the City of Greenacres, Palm Beach County, the School Board of Palm Beach County, and the Signatory Municipalities pertaining to the shared distribution and use of the One Cent Local Government Infrastructure Surtax; authorizing the appropriate City Officials to execute the Interlocal Agreement; and directing that the executed agreement be sent to all parties; pursuant to Staff Memo – Andrea McCue, City Manager.
- Comments from the Public.
- Discussion Items:
- FY 2017 CIP Budget – Thomas Hughes, Finance Director.
- Staff Comments.
- City Manager’s Report.
- Finance Department Report
- Fire Rescue Department Report
- Leisure Services Department Report
- Planning & Engineering Department Report
- Public Works Department Report
- City Attorney’s Report.
- Mayor and City Council Reports.
NOTICE OF COUNCIL MEETINGS AND AGENDAS
The first and third Monday of each month are regular meeting
dates for the City Council; special or workshop meetings may be called on the
second and fourth Mondays of the month, or whenever necessary. Council Agendas
are posted on the City’s website on the Friday prior to each Council meeting.
A public copy of the complete agenda is also available for review in the City
Clerk’s Office at City Hall. Questions regarding the agenda should be
directed to the City Clerk at 642-2006.
May2016 - Calendar of Meetings and Events
05-16-16 City Council Meeting 7:00 p.m.
05-18-16 Planning Commission Meeting - Cancelled
05-30-16 Memorial Day Holiday – City Offices Closed
05-31-16 Zoning Board of Adjustments and Appeals 7:00 p.m.
June 2016 - Calendar of Meetings and Events
06-01-16 Planning Commission Meeting 7:00 p.m.
06-02-16 City Council Workshop – Fire Assessment Study 7:00 p.m.
06-06-16 City Council Meeting 7:00 p.m.
06-15-16 Code Enforcement Board Meeting 3:00 p.m.
06-15-16 Planning Commission Meeting 7:00 p.m.
06-20-16 City Council Meeting 7:00 p.m.